Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Al Kinoman - A Director's Vision


This is one of my first videos on Youtube. We shot this a few years ago and I re-edited it for a contest. It was for Gary Cogill's three minute movie contest (ABC's Channel 8 Movie Critic). I took out all the footage from our films we had made. The original video was about 10 minutes long. It was one of the first things I put on the Web as well. For years it was on Broadcast.com's site. Mark Cuban's billion dollar making website. I think it was hosted there on behalf of the Dallas Video Festival.The video is spoofing all of the talking head videos that go behind the scenes of movie sets, talking to the director, cast and crew. The funny thing is we shot this before DVD's. The inspiration came from the HBO "making of" videos. But now all DVD's have this same sort of thing in the extras section.

No comments: